Sunday, April 23, 2017

Spring Break 2017

Being a teacher, I always look forward to Spring Break more than my children and students. This year on our first day of Spring Break, we headed off to Lexington, Virginia to meet my best friend/DZ big sis from college. Last spring her oldest graduated from Washington and Lee University (I had the honor of photographing him first) and this spring child #2 was graduating. Her beautiful girl, Kaitlin met up with us Saturday afternoon so that I could capture this milestone for her. I loved getting to spend the weekend in the beautiful city of Lexington which is nestled in the Shenandoah Valley of Virginia. We stayed at the historic R.E. Lee Hotel downtown, where the view from our window was spectacular. We got to experience the history of the quaint little city by visiting Stonewall Jackson's home and see the Jackson Memorial Hall Museum at VMI. The best part was getting to spend time with Kam and two of her children and letting my children experience an early college visit. My 12 year old daughter is enchanted with the idea of attending W & L some day. This first weekend of my Spring Break was by far the highlight for so many reasons. By the time I got back home to Lexington, Kentucky, my twins and I were bedridden with a hideous cold and the middle to end of my Spring Break ending up being the worst...but check out the best part...

No comments:

Post a Comment